October 11, 2018
Word Bandit: famous people!
Here’s a Word Bandit challenge...
Game 3: initials of famous people. How many can YOU come up with from the letters on the bandit machine?
It’s not as easy as it sounds, when you’re shouting out against the timer. And your opponents are always eager to challenge your notion of ‘famous’. Which is all part of the fun, of course. Like any such game, our advice is very simple: give the kids a lot of help and leeway, but be really mean to dad…
Here are some of ours, from the main image on this page, which shows the letters:
F / E / N / G / I / R / E / F
(That cheery bandit popping up means that you lose a letter. Boooooo!)
- Flash Gordon! (Space superhero. Altogether now: ‘Gordon’s ALIIIIVEEEE!’)
- Freddie Flintoff! (Cricketer and TV presenter)
- E Nesbit! (Children’s author. The ‘E’ stands for ‘Edith’)
- Rio Ferdinand! (Footbally person)
- Ebeneezer Goode! (Slightly non family-friendly character in UK number one single)
- Eddie the Eagle! (Ski-jump legend, A&E loyalty-card holder)
- Emma Rigby! (Hannah Ashworth in Hollyoaks)
- Nell Gwyn! (Actor and all-round historical figure)
- George the First! (You might be pushing it here. And will certainly get challenged if you follow up with ‘George the Fourth’)
OUT OF TIME!!! (Can you find any more…?)
In stores and on Amazon (check out the reviews!!!)