This level is an easy "shooting gallery" game played on two boards. Each team uses both their mobile guns, 5 troops and two hills. The idea of LEVEL 1 is to introduce players to fixing the boards together, setting up troops, aiming and firing the guns.
- Fix two boards together with a slip-on clip.
- Players sit at opposite ends of the combined boards.
- Each player places their hills as far to the back of their board as possible. They then put their guns on the highest playing space on each hill.
- Each player positions their 5 troops around their hills but not directly behind them. A suggested layout is shown in layout picture above. You now have 10 troops standing in plain view of the guns at either end.
- Players take it in turns to fire one of their guns at their opponent's soldiers (the youngest player fires first). If a player accidentally knocks over one of their opponent's guns the gun is put back on its circle playing space and play moves to the other player.
- The first player to knock over all their opponent's troops wins.