Ski Jump Rules
AIM OF THE GAME:
SEND YOUR CHARACTER FL YING DOWN THE RAMP AND SCORE THE MOST POINTS BY DOING TRICKS AND NAILING THE LANDING!
HOW TO PLAY
Super Ski Jump is played between 2 to 4 players over 3 rounds, with players taking it in turns to jump once in each round.
At the beginning of each round, players can choose any of the four characters and playing pieces, each character and playing piece can be used multiple times.
At the beginning of each turn, players can adjust the height of the ramp. The ramp has three different heights for different abilities.
To get started, the youngest player goes first. When they are ready, they place their character at the top of the ramp. To start your jump, turn the wheel to send your character down the ramp.
Then press down on the lever to raise the lower part of the ramp and send your character flying!
Watch your jump closely to count the number of flips and style of landing. When you have finished your jump, count the points based on which playing piece you chose, how many flips you managed and how you landed.
Repeat the process for all players over the three rounds to complete the game. At the end of the final round, the players are ranked based on their single highest scoring jump. The player with the highest scoring jump wins! If any players have the same highest score, they must enter into a 'Jump Off' competing against each other with a single jump, to determine who will finish higher.
Mark your points on the scorecards and then proceed to the next player.
Players are awarded the following points based on which playing piece they select. But watch out, higher points mean harder landings!
- Sledge 100 points
- Bath tub 150 points
- Snowboard 150 points
- Skis 250 points
Players are awarded the following points based on number of flips completed.
- Single flip 100 points
- Double flip 200 points
- Triple flip or more 250 points
Players are awarded the following points based on where/how their figure lands. Points are also awarded separately if the figure lands in a standing position.
- Over the banner 100 points
- Hit the ramp 200 points
- Under the banner 250 points
- Standing position 300 points
HINTS AND TIPS:
- • Having trouble counting flips? Why not try recording jumps on your phone (maybe even in slow mo!) While you're at it, why not upload videos to social media using the hashtag #superskijump
- The ramp is adjustable to give different heights and speeds, but remember, faster speeds don't always mean bigger jumps!
- Try adjusting the position of your characters to see how it affects your jump
- If you run out of scorecards you can download more from the web site.
Please see the full instructions for details on setting up the game.