- Assemble twenty-two red boxes (as shown on the back of this rule sheet) and pop out the dark grey Cover Cards from the sheet.
- Put one Money Card into each box (face up).
- Put on the lids and mix up the boxes to make sure none of the players know which amount is in which box.There are 22 numbered spaces around the board. Put one box on each of these spaces.
- Write the players' names along the top of a Score Sheet.
- Give each player four Answer Cards (Deal, No Deal, Swap and No Swap).
- Switch on the telephone and place it in the space above the Scoreboard.
- Decide how many rounds you are going to play
To be the player with the highest total after a pre-agreed number of rounds have been completed. Each round is like a single edition of the TV show. In each round, players take turns to choose a box to be opened by the player to their left. The Deal Phone will make an offer after the first five boxes have been opened and from then on, after every third box has been opened. When the Deal Phone makes an offer, each player must decide if they want to 'Deal or No Deal'. The players who deal, write down the amount at which they have dealt by their name on the Score Sheet.
The youngest player starts by choosing one of the 22 boxes from the board and putting it on the white circular table next to the coffee mug. This is the chosen box for Round 1.
This same player then chooses the first box to be opened by the player to their left who can open it as dramatically as they wish.
After each box is opened:
- Press the button on the Deal Phone matching the amount in the box.(on the buttons "k" means 1000, so 100k means 100,000)
- Press [TICK] to confirm that you pressed the right button. If you have pressed the wrong amount, press [CROSS] then press the right amount and confirm it by pressing the[TICK] button.
- Cover this amount on the Scoreboard with the Cover Card.
- Remove the opened box from the board.
The player who last opened a box always chooses the next box to be opened by the player to their left.
The Deal Phone will make an offer after the fifth box is opened and then after every third box is opened.
The Deal Phone will ring and the offer amount will be displayed on the screen. The Deal Phone will give players either 10, 20 or 30 seconds to decide whether or not to accept this offer. The time will count down on the screen. Players place either a Deal or No Deal Card face down on the table. When the time is up, the players turn over their cards to reveal their decisions.
Any player who does not make a decision within the time limit is disqualified from that round and scores zero. They play on as normal in any further rounds.
When a player accepts a Deal, they write down the amount they have accepted on the Score Sheet. Players who have made a Deal still take part in the choosing and opening of further boxes.
When there are only two boxes left, any player who has not yet made a Deal must choose one of these two boxes to be 'their box'. This is done by laying a Swap or No Swap Card face down on the table.
Players who choose 'NO SWAP' win the value in the box on the white table. Players who 'SWAP' win the value in the last box still on a numbered space.
When all remaining players have laid down a card they are turned over and the final two boxes are opened.
Players take it in turn to select the Chosen Box to be placed on the white table at the start of each new round. Some players may get to choose one more than others according to the number of players and number of rounds.
If all players deal early, play continues to see how the round would have panned out.
The player with the highest total after the pre-agreed number of rounds have been played is the winner.
After 15 minutes of inactivity, the telephone will go into 'sleep mode'
To re-activate, simply press the next required button and continue.
After the 20th box has been opened and the final offer has been made, the telephone resets ready to start another round.
Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Do not recharge non-rechargeable batteries.
Do not mix different types of batteries, or new and used batteries.
Use only 3 x AA or their equivalent.
Insert batteries in the correct polarity (see diagram).
Remove exhausted (used) batteries from the toy.
Do not short circuit the supply terminals of the batteries.
Do not insert connecting wires into electrical socket outlets.