Mask 'n' Ask Game Rules
30 Double-sided Masks (30 Animals and 30 Human characters)
1 x Double-sided playing board
4 x Mask 'n' Ask glasses
4 x Playing pieces
48 Yes/No Reminder Tokens
1 x Spinner
OBJECT OF THE GAME:
To find out the character on the mask you are wearing by moving round the board and asking the questions shown on the playing spaces you land on.
RULES IN BRIEF:
- Each player take a coloured set of: a playing piece, glasses and 12 Yes/No reminder tokens.
- Decide to play animal or human masks.
- Lay the board out to match the masks.
- Everyone clip on a mask then put on your glasses.
- Spin and move either way round the board.
- Ask the question on that space and mark the answer with a YES/NO REMINDER token.
- If it's YES - you win another turn (spin, move and ask).
- If it's NO - take a guess at what you are and then your turn is over.
- If you guess right:
- clip a new mask to your specs
- take your REMINDER tokens off the board
- your turn is now over
- The first to guess three masks is the winner.
GETTING READY TO PLAY
Each mask and the board has an animal side and a human side. Decide which side you are going to play, then lay out the board with the chosen side facing up. Plug the spinner through the centre of the board as shown below.
Put the masks in a handy pile with the characters you have decided to play face DOWN. For example, if you are playing an 'animals' game - the masks should be put in a pile 'human' side up, so you can't see the 'animal' sides you are about to try and guess.
There are four coloured sets: red, blue, green and yellow. You each take a set which includes:
- a pair of glasses
- a playing piece
- 12 'reminder' tokens
You each put your playing piece on one of the 'Pick a Question' spaces on the board (each player on a different space).
Keep your 'reminder' tokens on the table beside you.
Now you each take a mask from the mask pile and clip the small cut-outs on the edges of the mask to the posts sticking out from either side of your glasses - WITHOUT LOOKING at the other side of the mask.
Everyone put on your glasses and you're ready to play.
THE 3 KINDS OF PLAYING SPACE:
- QUESTION SPACE: The Player reads out the question to the other players.
- PICK ANY QUESTION SPACE: The Player picks any of the other questions printedon the board.
- ASK YOUR OWN QUESTION SPACE: The Player makes up a question (or theycan pick a question from the board if they prefer).
Playing the Game
The youngest player starts - play moves clockwise round the table.
Spin the spinner and move that number round the board in either direction. To decide which direction, look at the two question spaces you could land on. If you have already asked both the questions you can spin again.
When you have asked the question put one of your 'reminder' tokens on that space to remind you what you have asked and what the answer was (YES/NO). If you are on a PICK ANY QUESTION space put a 'reminder' token on the space of your chosen question butleave your playing piece where it is.
If you get a YES to a question - you win another turn. Keep spinning and moving and askingquestions until you get a NO.
After a NO you get ONE guess at what your character is. Play then passes to the next player.
Guessing Your Character
When you guess your character correctly you must:
- take all your 'reminder' tokens off the board
- replace your old mask with a new one from the mask pile. Play then passes to the next player.
The first player to correctly guess three characters is the winner.
If you are not sure whether the answer to any question is YES or NO - have a look at the Correct Answer Chart.